On the Day
The Fun Run starts and finishes on the playing field of Greenfields Junior School. There are two entrances to the playing fields:
- Take the gate in the middle of the school car park (NB - to the right of the one to the tennis court)
- Walk as if going into Hartley Wintney Football Club until the field appears on the right
There is free and plentiful parking in the school car park and surrounding roads.
Greenfields Junior School, Green Lane, Hartley Wintney, Hook, Hampshire RG27 8DQ
Timings for the day
The Fun Run begins at 9am and finishes at midday.
If you are entering on the day, please register 30 minutes before the start of your run at the registration tent.
Runners should assemble near the ‘Start’ flag in the middle of the field ten minutes before their run. A warm up for each run will be led by one of the Super Hero organisers . We would love as many people as possible to come well before the start of their run, so bring your flags and cheer on all the runners.
Toilets are available in the Scout hut. Advice and first aid will be provided by St John’s Ambulance. A photographer will be taking pictures to put on our website and to send to local newspapers.
9.00 - The Fun Run opens
- 2.4km on-the-day registration and number collection opens
- First tunes from our resident DJ
9.30 - Registration
- On-the-day registration and collection for all other distances opens
- Face painting and nail painting (free) in St John's Youth Club gazebo
- 'Fastest serve' competition in the centre of the field
- Cake stall opens
- Barbeque brunch starts
- St John's ambulance unit on standby in the Scout hut
- Start of 2.4km walk/run. Age guide up to age 18.
- Mums, dads, carers, uncles, aunts … you are invited to join your child / relative, free of charge, to run or walk together.
- It’s not a race; it’s a chance to exercise as a family!
- Start 1600m – age guide: years 5 and 6
- Start 1200m – age guide: years 3 and 4
- Start of 800m – age guide: years 1 and 2.
- May be accompanied by an adult
- Start of 400m – age guide: pre-school and year R
- Must be accompanied by an adult
1.00pm - Close of Fun Run
- Last orders at the barbecue
- The Superheroes return to their secret hideaway